Neuter Scooter Eligibility and Appointment Scheduling
Are you ACTIVE MILITARY? Free spays and neuters for pets of junior enlisted service members (E6 and below) on the Neuter Scooter through DOGS on DEPLOYMENT (MIL-SNAP program) . Call SNAP at 866-SPAY BUS and get your Pet Chit HERE. This is your Pet Chit INVOICE
Please read the information below and call (866)-SPAYBUS (866)-772-9287 to talk to a SNAP scheduling pet lover about eligibility and scheduling. Make sure to listen to the SNAP recorded message very carefully, providing all the information that may be requested. Please leave your phone number SLOWLY and CLEARLY. Thank you! Talk to you soon!
Neuter Scooter Pricing
~Male cat pricing: $50
~Female cat pricing: $60
~if Multiple Cats: calculate costs by sex (Male or Female), and subtract a $10 discount off the regular price
~ALL FERAL CATS: $20 per cat. If needed, additional financial assistance is available on a case-by-case basis.
(excluding Pit Bulls see below*):
Male dog pricing:
~up to 40 pounds - $70
~41-80 pounds - $90
Female dog pricing:
~up to 40 pounds - $80
~41-80 pounds - $100
~if Multiple Dogs: calculate costs by sex (Male or Female) and size, and subtract a $10 discount off the regular price
* Pit Bulls are breeds that are grossly overrepresented in San Diego County animal shelters. Therefore, to encourage owners of these breeds especially to spay and neuter their pets, we offer a special fee of $40 each.
**Litter-Free Rebates may be available for low income residents serviced by the San Diego Department of Animal Services to help with cost. We also offer a "Multiple Pet discount" for pets from same household discout. (no "multiple pet" discount for Pit Bulls)
FINANCIAL AID and County "Litter Free" Rebates MAY be available to you if you are a low income household.
$10 discount on 2nd and 3rd pet from same household will still be available to those using Litter Free Rebates.
All medical supplies are donor underwritten. The low cost fee's help SNAP provide the top spay & neuter surgeons and medical support staff in CA! Thank you to our donors and thank you for understanding that our low cost fees are still affordalble for most and we are here to help your pet live a longer healthier life. Financial Aid may be available if needed.
Rabbits. SNAP does not alter rabbits on the Neuter Scooter. For information about low-cost spay/neuter services for rabbits in the San Diego area, please check out Services: Other Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Resources.
All pricing includes the following:
- Spay/Neuter surgery**
- For dogs, a rabies vaccine is also included. If the dog has already had his/her rabies vaccination and only needs a license, the owner must bring proof of rabies paperwork to registration on the day of surgery. This paperwork must include vaccine manufacturer, vaccine name, lot #, veterinarian's information, and date of vaccination.
- Nail trim
- E-collar (Cone) is free for all dogs and femal cats. (male cats do not need one)
- Advantage for patients on an "as needed basis" at the discretion of the SNAP medical staff. Patients found with fleas or tapeworms, will be treated at no additional charge.
- A free one-year license for dogs in the jurisdictions of San Diego County Animal Services and Chula Vista Animal Services.
- FREE id tags are also available to order at the Neuter Scooter thanks to Animal Trust Foundation. You may order one HERE.
- There is no additional charge for females "in heat," pregnancy, overweight animals, etc.
**We recommend that owners of dogs and female cats that have surgery wear the Elizabethan collar (also called an E-collar or "cone") as instructed with post op instructions as a preventative measure. Free post surgery rechecks are available if needed by appointment only.
**We also reccomend that your pets are current on their vaccines before surgery day (with exception of the Rabies vaccine: Dogs will recieve a free Rabies vaccine at time of surgery).
To schedule your pet's spay or neuter appointment call (866) SPAYBUS (866) 772-9287